Friday, February 1, 2013

ELF Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder in Sta. Lucia


Hey Gorgeous!

It's the first day of the love month-February. I've been a little busy for a while, but I'm back and as promised, I'll be doing an overview of another blush and bronzer duo. You can read my previous post from the other duo here. But this time, let's hear it from ELF - the contouring blush and bronzing powder in Sta. Lucia. I've been hearing a lot of raves from makeup artists to all over the women who found this baby a must have, and I must say, it really does work pretty good! Elf is one of the brands I usually get my hands on. Reasons because they're inexpensive but surely their products are of good quality.
So, after having been using this duo for a while now, I decided to make my own in depth review for it:



Elf Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder - my initial thought was it looks really a lot like the Nars duo by the look of the packaging. Same size, same sleek black compact, has a full mirror, and I think they have the same quantity as well. But like I said on my previous post, it sells for Php1,600 or $40usd, and this Elf duo retails for roughly Php250 or $6.25usd, to be exact. But then, of course, quality-wise, I couldn't really compare it to Nars, because we all know how amazing that brand is. So in my opinion, I'd say this product can just be a good alternative if you're just starting out with makeup, or you're just looking for something simple and affordable. The convenience of them being together in one compact is definitely a plus for me.





The Contouring Blush:
I love it! It is a peachy pink color with a little bit of orange undertone to it which flatters my fair-medium skin tone. It is very subtle. It has soft gold shimmer which I think is pretty too, because it highlights my cheeks. It's not overpowering, just the right amount to add a nice flushed, natural glow.

The Bronzing Powder:
It is a medium-dark orangey brown color. It has a tad amount of shimmer which that part I must say I don't like. I still prefer a matte one for contouring. This particular bronzer you have to apply with just little product on the brush with a very light hand otherwise it'll end up too dark and a bit muddy-looking on your face. So for this one, a little goes a long a way, and never forget to blend, blend, blend to avoid harsh lines to achieve a beautiful and attractive definition.

Swatches:




I recommend this to people with fair-medium complexion with yellow undertones like me. Overall, I love this product! It is my to-go blush and bronzer, one of the things I have in my vanity kit that I usually bring when I go out.
Actually, it took me a while before I decided to get this, but after having it and been using it almost everyday, I'm glad I did.



You can buy this at any ELF counters for Php249.75.



**Some things are just simply irresistible, so go ahead and spoil yourself a little!

No comments:

Post a Comment