Monday, January 21, 2013

Milani Sunset Duos in #01 Sunset City


Hey Gorgeous!

Talk about convenience? Milani Sunset City is a fresh, cheeky blush and healthy-glow bronzer in one, I really love the idea of having two products in one pan. Very convenient and handy. I got this one from Suzanne's Emporium. Ms. Suzanne, the seller had an online auction and I won this product for only Php130.00. I was really happy I got this because I've learned that it can be a great dupe or alternative for the famous blush and bronzer duo, the Nars Orgasm and Laguna Bronzer which is priced at Php1,600 or $40USD, the last time I checked. Big difference, huh? The blush from this compact is just a little peachy pink in color while Nars Orgasm is in the pink side, but nevertheless, they're not far from being similar.


I love how this compliments my skin tone. As I've said, the blush is a peachy pink color and has the right amount of soft gold shimmer in it, very fine that will make you look naturally blushing and glowing. The bronzer which takes the most product in the pan, is just enough matte, just slightly shimmery, a medium color, not too light and not too dark. It gives and leaves you a gorgeous sunkissed glow. This duo is just perfect for me and so far loving it!




This is how I use the bronzer as a contour for the face; and this will only take you a minute or less to do.
Find first the hollows of the cheeks by making the fish face, this will allow you to see where you'll be applying it. Apply the bronzer in a line along the hollow with a light stroke and make sure to blend it well to avoid harsh lines. I use an angled face brush to do so.
Next, you also want to apply it on the hairline close to the temples, along the jawline and under the chin. By doing so and applying it correctly, it will add definition and make your face look slimmer naturally. I also use this for contouring my nose. I find the shade of this bronzer perfect for it.

For the blush, I apply it on the apples of my cheeks, just right above the contoured area (hollows), with a sweeping motion upwards. I love to use my favorite highlighter on the top of my cheekbones to complete the look.

My first blush and bronzer duo. The pan contains 11.7g of products which can last a long time. Has good pigmentation, great color payoff but I find it not long lasting. I'd say, it will only stay up to approximately 4-5 hours maximum but it still depends on your skin. In my case, I have oily/combination skin, so I just bring it along with me for touch ups or whenever needed. I think it's the only downside of it, but overall, it is still a fabulous find!




Stay tuned for another blush and bronzer duo product review, next! ;-)


**Some things are just simply irresistible, so go ahead and spoil yourself a little!

No comments:

Post a Comment