Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Review and Swatches: Wet 'n Wild Megalast Lipsticks


Hey Gorgeous!

How can such small things be so overwhelming...especially for us, my fellow makeup enthusiasts.
One little thing we cannot resist. Any look wouldn't be complete without it, as well as for some girls, one thing on their vanity they cannot leave without. :)

Today, I want to talk about the lips. One very powerful tool in our body. Every smile and laughter we give can look very pleasing and attractive; all the more if we want to put color to show off and flaunt that pouty lips. Best part is, we don't need all those expensive and high-end lippies to bring out that sexy smile!

Here are five shades of lip color from Wet 'n Wild. They are the Megalast Lipsticks, and I have them in 903C Just Peachy, 907C Mauve Outta Here, 906D Wine Room, 915B Spiked With Rum, and 916D Ravin' Raisin. I bought them from Suzanne's Emporium, my personal favorite online shop. All her products are US authentic at very affordable prices, plus she gives freebies for every transaction. Yes, great deal, huh? So, go ahead and check out her shop! :)

Anyway, back to my review:

Wet 'n Wild Megalast Lipsticks
   "Lips take center stage! This 4-hour, longwearing lip color leaves a semi-matte, crème finish in one stroke. Glides on easily with rich, velvety color that doesn't cake, feather, or bleed. Made with hydrating skin-care ingredients: Hyaluronic Microspheres provide extraordinary adhesion to lips, an exclusive polymer complex offers cushion-like feel and texture, and natural marine plant extracts Coenzyme Q10 and Vitamins A & E help smooth lips."





L-R: Just Peachy, Mauve Outta Here, Wine Room, Spiked With Rum, Ravin' Raisin

#903C Just Peachy
  • a peachy/coral color which I really really love! It suits me very well which is why it is my most favorite among all five.
#907C Mauve Outta Here
  • a pretty pink color with purple undertone. On my lips, it's bright, but not overdone. It's basically a perfect pink shade for my skin tone.
#906D Wine Room
  • a bright reddish pink color which I also love, it fairly looks flattering on my skin tone.
#915B Spiked With Rum
  • a warm dark pink/brown color. My second favorite. Perfect and goes well with all makeup looks.
#916D Ravin' Raisin
  • a deep plum with mauve undertone. I find this color quite dark on me, it ends up washing me out. What I do is I wear it with Mauve Outta Here, it gives the best berry/mauve color combined.

**Sorry, no lip swatch for the Ravin' Raisin

   Pros:

Very pigmented
Good quality
Relatively long wearing (no eating/drinking)
Great color selection
No pungent smell
Does not feather
Very inexpensive

   Cons:

No color name on the packaging
Rounded shape tip is kinda awkward and hard to use (I prefer the classic shape)
Not easy to apply directly
Can get a little bit drying if not applied with lip balm underneath
Cover is made of plastic which gets easily broken
Product itself can be scraped off when not careful covering it back; it gets messy

I'm not normally a lipstick-wearing kinda girl... but will I repurchase Wet 'n Wild Megalast Lipsticks? 
I say yes! I love these stuff! I just learned to look past all the cons... :-P


**Some things are just simply irresistible, so go ahead and spoil yourself a little!

No comments:

Post a Comment