Friday, February 8, 2013

4U2 Cosmetics Face Value BB Cream with SPF 25


Hey Gorgeous!

With all the hype that's been going on the beauty world today about the famed BB Creams, it got me so intrigued and thought I try one myself. Besides, I've been using liquid foundations for almost forever, so why not try something different and see what the fuss is all about. As many say, BB Creams are very soft and has light weight texture, so it's not heavy when applied on the face compared to liquid foundations. Its formula is more like a glorified tinted moisturizer, perfect for everyday use; it is one of the things I initially liked about it.
BB Cream stands for blemish balm, blemish base, or beauty balm. According to some research, it was originally formulated by a dermatologist in Germany way back 1960s to help patients mask and protect their skin after facial surgery. Then it was introduced to Korea and Japan in 1985.

BB Creams was made popular by Koreans and was sold mainly in East and Southeast Asia. It is said to be the 'beauty secret of Korean actresses' who are known for their beautiful and flawless skin. Now, it also finally made its way to the US, and ever since, this beauty product has been everywhere.

Product review:
I ran into a local market near my place to get one for myself and finally got the 4U2 Cosmetics Face Value BB Cream with SPF 25.




Among all the BB Creams available at the beauty section, I chose this because it is a new product from 4U2 Cosmetics, it contains SPF 25, and it was highly raved by my fave Filipina makeup guru. I must say, indeed, it was definitely worth a try. For my first BB Cream, this did not disappoint me at all!

It has a very smooth texture and the consistency is a bit watery which I find not a problem for me because it blends well easily. Only a small amount of product is good enough because it is very buildable. I like to use my fingers when applying this and then buff it onto my skin using a flat top face brush. It gives a natural, airbrushed finish that looks amazing!
It applies light-medium coverage, blurs minor imperfections/blemishes, plus I love the fact that it is a perfect shade for me. I do think this suits all Asian skin tones.
It has no pungent smell at all. It leaves a moisturized feel; just one thing in my case, I do have oily/combination skin so I still need to set it with a good setting powder to last all throughout the day.

What I love the most about this product is that it can act as an all-in-one moisturizer, primer, foundation and sunblock. It is very convenient to have all that in one. 
The tube contains 20g of product and is priced at Php294.00.





Swatches:


*blended well on the right area of the hand


Here are pictures of me wearing 4U2 Cosmetics Face Value BB Cream with a good setting powder:








Verdict:
I have tried other BB Creams, but so far, this is still my favorite, it's certainly living up to my expectations.
I would definitely repurchase this over and over again.



**Some things are just simply irresistible, so go ahead and spoil yourself a little!

6 comments:

  1. oh this looks so good. def need to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes i bought this product yesterday and I tried it the next day...it blended well with my face and i looked natural.. this is my first use of BB cream and I say no frustrations. after i went home i just use cleanser to wash my face in order for me to have facial care - pimple free

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh wow, that's good to know! I'm very happy that it worked well on you too :)

      Delete
  3. I would love to try this out too! But, do you think this is worth a try if I have oily skin like you? I'am afraid it could make my condition even worse.. :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not even know how I stopped up here, but I believed
    this publish was great. I don't realize who you might be but
    definitely you're going to a famous blogger if you happen to are not
    already. Cheers!

    http://www.schweizerweinecke.ch/mediawiki-1.20.0/index.php?title=Benutzer:DeloresSa

    Visit my web-site: Dermallo review, www.bullarksa.org,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where can I buy this product? Sa sm ba meron? or sa watsons? I wanna try bb cream instead of liquid foundation and concealer.

    ReplyDelete